Re: Warrantee Issue

From: Aaron Braun (zanphier@bellsouth.net)
Date: Sun Sep 12 1999 - 11:36:42 EDT

Actually as my dealer explained it to me when I purchased my Dak. If I do
any mods, regardless of my knowledge, personally my warranty will be void.
Here is the reasoning (since I have alot of muscle car rebuilders as buddies
of mine that would save me bookoo money) upon saving the receipts of the
mods, if that mod is the cause to your problem they can track down the
person who installed the mod, and have them pay the costs since it was their
shoddy workmanship that caused the fault. Yes they do have to acknowledge
the warranties and that also means that you (collective sense) have to
acknowledge the fine print we all over-read.

You should have a copy of your warranty in your truck, read it over
carefully three or four times. Also contact Chrysler and find out the resale
value of your truck (since its new (99) it may not be in Blue Book). Then
when your insurance company says they want to total it, which is most likely
since I paid close to 2000 (that was just parts) just to get my front left
fender, bumper, lighting console, and grille replaced with all OEM and no
third party crap, after an attack from southern idiot drivers. If they do
decide not to total it, make sure all the parts you are getting are coming
straight from Chrysler or are strictly Chrysler parts, the last thing you
need is some third party bolt falling off in the middle of the interstate or
causing more trouble than your worth and make you hate your Dak ;).

Aaron