RE: RE: THERMOSTATS..........

From: Bernd D. Ratsch (bernd@texas.net)
Date: Sun Sep 12 1999 - 13:08:01 EDT

It does disable it...but it still turns enough to create a slight airflow.
I normally took about 7-10 minutes for the truck to "warm up" inside the
cab...with the 180 T-Stat and the clutch fan. Now it only takes about 5
minutes.

There were two main reasons for the electric fans showing up on vehicles in
the first place:

(1) Transverse Mounted engines obviously couldn't use the conventional
method anymore
(2) Faster "Warm-Up" time creates less emissions on a "Cold Start"

- Bernd