Sway Bar Bushing Questions......

From: GrnDak4x4@aol.com
Date: Sun Sep 12 1999 - 14:38:42 EDT

I might be adventurous soon, since I am actually focusing on something like
ride performance on my Dak(first time for everything!!!!), and replace my
110,000 mile old front sway bar bushings; as they look rather cracked and
soft. I used a caliper, and to my measurements the sway bar is 24MM, same as
15/16" I believe. Does anyone know if this number is correct?? I would like
to go aftermarket if all posssible, with polyurethane bushings. I noticed
that Energy Suspension makes greasable and standard sway bar bushings. In
various catalogs, they are rather cheap, as I could do all 4 bushings(2 on
the frame and 2 on the lower control/A arms) with new brackets for about
$30-$35. I think I will just go with the greasable versions and hope those
zerk fittings don't get torn off. I have catalogs, just curious what part
numbers others have used in the past. The only thing I guess I have to look
for is to make sure I order the ones meant for my 24MM bar and make sure the
brackets will fit using to stock bolt holes, right???? For those who have
done this, thanks for any and all input on this upgrade.
Kyle
93 Dakota 4x4 V6