Re: 3 wishs- NON DAK

From: kwjohn@ais.net
Date: Sun Sep 12 1999 - 14:41:03 EDT

Sorry, all, just got back from a trip.

Yes, this is -sorta- a misprint.

The engines in F1 racing are almost all THREE liter V10's (since this is
the largest size that the rules will allow). Sorry about the typo, 2
liters is not correct. The actual HP output is a "guarded secret" but
many of the engines in this class have statements like "725+ HP" or, in
the McLaren/Mercedes case "870+". The 1000 HP is an estimate that's
frequently given by the commentators when you watch on TV, and is an
estimate of what they believe to be the actual output, based on weight
and acceleration.

Here's more info:
http://www.forix.com/asp/cp.asp?z=0&k=0&l=0&r=1999&c=11

I caught the Grand Prix of Australia last year while on a business
trip. The only thing I wish I had was a portable TV so I could see
parts of the track that I wasn't able to see during the race.

Kurt