RE: More suggestions needed; mufflers

From: The Man From Utopia (tmfu@home.com)
Date: Sun Sep 12 1999 - 22:28:36 EDT

> I hate to beat this topic to death, but I just need some input.
> Well I am in
> need of some muffler help now. After I have added a complete aftermarket
> ignition(MSD wires, MSD Ignition, Accel Super Coil, Truck Plugs,
> BW Select
> Brass cap and rotor) and will soon(within 2 weeks) add a Port and
> Polished
> throttle body, I really will be in need of a higher flowing
> muffler. I just
> dont think my 110,000 mile old stock one will help me out with
> the above mods.
> I have narrowed my choices down to 4 mufflers:
> 1.Dynomax Super Turbo, flows good and is only $30
> 2.Flowmaster 3 chamber, I drive a truck, they all need to have a
> FlowMaster!!! $65
> 3.Gibson, pricey at $75. Who sells just the muffler???? Only
> found 1 place so
> far!
> 4. Rhino, 4 chambered/baffled muffler, around $60
> Any input on any of these???? Anyone deal with EdelBrock mufflers???
> Pros/Cons?? I do NOT want a loud obnoxious muffler, I want one
> that flows
> better than stock(any aftermarket one does, I know that much), and had
> alittle tone. Thanks!!!!!!!!!!!
> Kyle
> 93 Dakota 4x4 V6

Kyle I have a 95 v6. I'm using the Dynomax catback system. It's only just
the muffler (SuperFlo Turbo),and tailpipe (the truck had the stock fake
dual-out tailpipe). Cost about $100 with S/H. Took me a night to get it on.
Granted having a pneumatic cutting wheel made all the difference!

Greg
95 DSCC v6 5spd
Rahway NJ