Re: SHIFT KITS!!!!!!!!

From: Bob Tom (tigers@bserv.com)
Date: Sun Sep 12 1999 - 23:30:22 EDT

At 08:19 PM 9/12/99 EDT, you wrote:
>So if i let go of the pedal, shift, then hit the gas again, it should shift
>good then?

Don't know if that would work ... haven't tried it. What I found was that
if the gear hung on, lifting the pedal a bit from WOT gets the shift ...
the 'a bit' is not always the same ... it varies as to how much ...

IMHO, lifting the pedal before shifting will cut the revs quite a bit
(you're really letting the engine do a breaking action). I would think
that doing the shift and lifting the pedal a bit at the same time and
then, getting back on it as soon as the shift is made may be better ...
very much like you'd do when using a manual tranny.

I think I'll give that a try that next time out.

Bob, Burlington, Ontario
'97 FR CC NSV Sport, 5.2L, 3.55 SG, auto.