My thoughts on bore size results..

From: Antonio De Anda (adeanda@earthlink.net)
Date: Mon Sep 13 1999 - 04:57:26 EDT

Actually, I suggest different sizes for each size engine.......but most everyone
wants the 51.75mm TBs. Which is the 2.030 bore.......but the smaller one I
suggest for the 5.2 is the 1.98 bore. And I dont like the dyno
results......Dynos suck...now, just from experience.....I dont know all that
technical jargon.....with the intakes, when I dyno'd the D, with my intake, it
showed less power than the round flat filter......but then if we were to meet on
the road.....I would be spanking some hot air breathing butts out there. Once
the hood closes, that little filter gets nothing but hot air........hence it
gives up some power.
And on my D, I have a 52mm TB, a 1" billet spacer, my intake, and pulleys,
electric fans, 180 thermostat, Jet II, Jba headers and Y pipe, Flowmaster 2
chamber, relocated IAT sensor.....and she is pretty quick. Off the line
performance is pretty good, but once she is moving she really has incredible
pick up.
We dyno'd the race car on friday, I had never seen a high power dyno in person.
It was cool. They had a hurricane force wind blowing in the shop. I had my
fingers shoved all the way in my ears and it was still loud. She put out 493hp
at the rear wheels. Dont know what they ran this weekend, but they were hoping
to get close to 9 sec.
Anyway, my point is that dynos dont always give real world results. It has to
be different tearing down the street or track, as compared to sitting in a shop
with the hood up.
just my thoughts.......but I am probably wrong.
Hope you all had a great safe weekend......Tony