RE: RE: Quick D

From: Holloway,Frank T (Frank.T.Holloway@KP.ORG)
Date: Sat Sep 11 1999 - 14:43:51 EDT

FYI,

The TB's used for both the 5.2 & 5.9 are the same and the computer has been
tuned for each respective engine. Throttle bodies should be interchangeable.
The problem with the larger bores on both engines is the lower velocity
through the bores. The MAP is a speed density setup. When you open up the
bores, the MAP sees a lower velocity. The bottom line, you get less peek
horsepower with larger bores. We have verified this on two dynos. You can
tune for the larger bores but this requires special programming in the
computer. If you don't believe, take your truck and do a comparison on a
dyno between a stock TB and a larger bore TB.....

        Frank