Re: Spacer :Was My thoughts on bore size results..

From: Bob Tom (tigers@bserv.com)
Date: Tue Sep 14 1999 - 07:12:22 EDT

At 09:31 PM 9/13/99 -0700, you wrote:
>the two hoods should be the same, I just put my old hood on a dak...and it
fit
>perfectly. I know for a fact that the K&N gen II rubs against the hood.....
>I saw martins this weekend, and it was rubbing a shiney spot on the hood
insulation.
>I have the stock hat, and it clears easily. I was going to take the
spacer out
>tomarrow and see how it affected the performance.

Thanks for the information. I'd be interested in what you find out.

>how is that filter affecting your performance. It sure dynos well, but I
have
>heard mixed emotions about on road performance. Martin had it on before,
and he
>says he is getting better pulls from the cone. I am still not sold on the
K&N,
>they are using a smaller filter than mine, and even at his great
price......he
>still paid about $60 more than mine.

The 14 x 2.75 lowered my ETs by about 1/10 but don't know if another type
would be
a bit better for my mods. I haven't seen any track figures with the Gen II
(or MP version) ... just too pricey to try on their PR specs. and on
subjective
comments by others. Unless I see/hear some concrete, I'll keep your open
cone system
in mind if I decide to try the cone.

>I should have another spacer in about a week, you could try it out, and
see if it
>fits, and if not, send it back. I am easy........Talk to you soon.......Tony

Appreciate the offer. I may take you up on itif I get your cone system
since it uses
the stock hat. Right now, with the open I'm using, it'd put a power bulge
in the hood.

Bob, Burlington, Ontario
'97 FR CC NSV Sport, 5.2L, 3.55 SG, auto.