a day w/my Dak and- ?tires?

From: fdedip@whale-mail.com
Date: Tue Sep 14 1999 - 21:22:50 EDT

DEQ'd this morning- I was concerned about the Airaid not being
street legal, but decided to leave it-no troubles. Only thing
anyone said was "nice truck!" :-)
then I went to my parents house to wash it (they have a driveway-
I don't) Decided to take off the 'sport' decals, since I know
how now (thanks folks) Just as I finished peeling the last bit
off, hairdryer in hand, my dad pulls up "what are you using that
wimpy thing for?" Shows me a heat gun! Oh well, probably would
have blistered my paint anyhow. I should have taken the 'Dakota'
decals off too since they look odd now-unbalanced. But instead
I just washed the truck and put the first coat of Zaino on it.
All of which is a rambling prelude to my real issue-
I know the tires topic has been beat to death with a really big
stick, but I'm feeling anxious. I finally managed to wear down
my stock tires so I can justify replacing them. Someone just
recently said that we can put 245/65's on the stock 15x7 rims,
right? The tire decision is one I will have to live with for
a few years, so I want to like them, I've been cussing the stock
tires for 2 years. After agonizing weeks at tirerack.com and
every manufacturers website, I think I want the BFG Sport truck T/As
I just want to be really sure they will fit and that noone thinks
they are a bad choice before I buy, as these are the spendiest tires
I looked at, and I may have to pay shipping, don't know if I can
find them around here.
Here is Portland, OR, so wet traction is essential, not too concerned
about snow (1-2 times a year). All my driving is on roads, at worst the occasional logging road (lost)
All advice appreciated, sorry about long rambling post.
Flip
'98 V6 Sport, 2wd, RC, IB

http://www.care-mail.com - Free E-mail/e-card accounts that help save Wildlife!