FW: Rhino Muffler; input needed....

From: GrnDak4x4@aol.com
Date: Wed Sep 15 1999 - 13:46:03 EDT

I think I am going to try out a Rhino muffler for my Dakota. Here is what
Rhino emailed me back concerning my application. I told them I need a muffler
that will weld into my stock pipes. I need(I hope so!!!) a 2.5" Center
Inlet/2.5" Offset Outlet. Here is what they said:
<<<<Hi Kyle:
<Our #910 muffler has a single 2.5" center inlet, single 2.5" offset outlet,
<16" body length and 20" overall length from the tip of the inlet to the tip
<of the outlet. It sells for $51.80 plus shipping, about $4.00.
<thanks for your interest in our products. If the dimensions are suitable for
your <application, it's the best we can do without going to a single-in,
dual-out cat-back <system. The dyno tests that we've done show that we
compare favorably with <Flowmaster and Dyno-Max head to head in the same
application. This will give you <much better flow than your OE muffler, and
the tone should be what you're looking <for. Our Rhino mufflers are baffled,
and are non-directional regarding flow. They are <not packed.
The price is right for me, since a Flowmaster would have cost about $65, for
a Gibson muffler it was $75, and a Super Turbo was $33. I would rather have a
baffled muffler(Flowmaster, Gibson)), than a packed one(Super Turbo). These
mufflers are 100% aluminized, they are double wrapped with welded side seam
construction. They have a four baffle design. Rhino mufflers use 18 gauge end
caps and internal baffles. Are these characteristics for a good quality made
muffler??????? I wish I could hear one, but the websites .wav files are not
working on my puter. I dont really want a loud obnoxious muffler, just one
that flows better and has a better tone. I figure though with 4 baffles it
really cannot be that loud, can it???? If anyone else can get the files to
work, let me know howe they sound.
Check out their website and let me know what you all think about their
products.
http://www.ipchuth.com/rhino/RhiPr.htm
Thanks alot for any and all input!!!
Kyle
93 Dakota 4x4 V6; 110,00 miles
MSD 6-Offroad Ignition, MSD 8.5MM Super Conductors, BW Select Brass Cap &
Rotor, Accel Super Coil, Champion Truck Plugs, Amsoil 2Stage Hi-Flo Air
Filter, Various Homebrew Intake Mods, Soon to have a Ported & Polished TB.