Re: RE: Best headers for '97+ 318

From: Gary Shook (gary.shook@wcom.com)
Date: Wed Sep 15 1999 - 16:14:30 EDT

> The recently released Hooker headers are the long headers type which
> will require a custom exhaust system and probably will have more
> low end torque loss than either Leach's or DT's headers.
>
> Whatever ... my experience is a bit of low end torque with the Leach
> is lost and the power band moves up about 300 rpm.

Long-tube, equal length headers tend to produce MORE low-end torque.. it
also depends on the tube diameter, though... shorty headers are the worst
for Low-end torque, Tri-Y's aren't too bad, but Long-tube, equal length &
small diameter (to a point) are best for Low-end torque.

Gary Shook
Penrose, CO