1998 Dakota

From: Greig, Doug (douggr@hazelett.com)
Date: Thu Sep 16 1999 - 10:46:42 EDT

Hello to All,

  I've just become a member of the DML and am looking forward to read
about other Dakota owners and their vehicles. I've recently purchased my
first Dakota, and am very interested in finding out as much as possible
about the vehicle. I have a 1998 Sport 4x4 w/ extended cab. It came with
the 3.9l V-6, and am interested in the reliability, power, and
modification acc's for the engine. So far I have installed Bosch
Platinum+4's and a K&N Air Filter and have noticed a fair amount of
improvement in gas mileage and performance. The truck also came with the
NV231HD transfer case. I understand this is not standard and am
wondering if I made a mistake in reading the data plate. The dealer said
I was correct and lucky to have the HD version. If anyone has any
comments , hints, or recommendations about my truck, let me know.

  Thanks, Doug Greig