Re: Die Squeak, DIE

From: Dester223@aol.com
Date: Thu Sep 16 1999 - 21:40:29 EDT

Please remember not to break the tensioner. I took mine to autozone to get a
new ASP underdrive pully put on the alt, so i took it out in their drive way.
 I go back out with a new belt and the AutoZone guys comes running after me
with a 24" breaker bar. I'm like "my lil wrench can do it!" but he insisted
and whoola, broken idler pully..

But anyways. the moral of this story is.. That tensioner costs almost 70
bucks (they paid of course) don't break it. WD 40 shouldn't hurt, but
there's better stuff, like liquid wrench or something.
-Dester

<< You can see the springs of the tensioner through an opening in the
housing.
 Would I do any damage if I sprayed some WD-40 in there to try and kill the
 squeak?

 TIA!
 Tom