Re: DAK chips

From: Bernd D. Ratsch (bernd@texas.net)
Date: Fri Sep 17 1999 - 10:41:57 EDT

Hi Doug,

The V6's have a lot of options on mods. The Jet Stage-2 "Chip" works well,
but you can get better results from other modifications. Not that there's
anything wrong with the Jet chip, but for HP and TQ results, a modified TB
(with a good intake system - QuickD) and Cat-Back exhaust system will give
you better results. If you combine the Intake system, TB, Exhaust, and
Chip together...it's a very strong combination.

Modified Throttle Body & Intake System
(1) Magnum Performance - http://www.fastdodge.com
(2) Quick-D - http://www.quickd.com

Cat-Back Exhaust System
(1) Flowmaster - http://www.flowmastermufflers.com
(2) Gibson - http://www.gibsonperformance.com
(3) Borla

Ignition System recommended: MSD-6 w/Blaster-SS Coil, Quality Spark Plug
Wires (Splitfire, Taylor, MSD, Magnecore) and Plugs (Splitfire or Champion
Truck Plug).

Have fun with the mods....

At 10:21 AM 09/17/1999 -0400, you wrote:
>I have a 98 CC 4x4 w/ 3.9L. I'm looking for cheap engine mods. I would
>like to get a chip but don't know much about them. Where can I get some
>info on prices and what they do?

Bernd D. Ratsch
Pflugerville, TX
http://lonestar.texas.net/~bernd/Dakota.htm