Re: Why the DML sticker adds HP...

From: Jon Steiger (stei0302@cs.fredonia.edu)
Date: Sat Sep 18 1999 - 16:52:00 EDT

On Fri, 17 Sep 1999, Bob Tom wrote:

> At 08:39 AM 9/17/99 -0700, you wrote:
> > <snip>
> >Many hundreds of man-hours later we have come to the conclusion that the
> >DML sticker is a dimensional doorway (much like the Bermuda Triangle, and
> >pyramid shapes) to the dimension of "Horsepower". Once opened, this doorway
> >can't be closed except by damaging the sticker in some fashion. The effects
> >of the sticker are wide ranging though, and include...
> > <snip> Shaun H.
>
> Just thought that I should add to Shaun's thorough, scientific and analytical
> findings of the DML sticker.
>
> To see T H E sticker that lowered my ETs by 2/10 sec., go the the DML home
> page,
> select DML Meet Reports, select June 16 ... Ont. Mopar Nats., and go away
> for an HOUR.
> When the report has loaded, go to row 35, column 2.

    For those of you without multiple T3 connections, here's a direct
link to the pic Bob mentioned:

http://www.cs.fredonia.edu/~stei0302/WWW/DAKOTA/MEET/TORONTO06/jon28.jpg

  Here's another one from farther away:

http://www.cs.fredonia.edu/~stei0302/WWW/DAKOTA/MEET/TORONTO06/jon27.jpg

> Take very careful note of the colour and the positioning of the DML sticker.
> Both are crucial to quicker reaction time, 100% traction launches and
> lowered ETs.
> Those of you with black (or dark coloured) Dakotas will have, what is known
> in the performance world, a 'sleeper' when you put this sticker on.
>
> BTW, Jon, ...arrrrggghhh!!!... you sure you couldn't fit one more picture
> into the report?

  Hee hee hee! Yeah, its pretty disgusting, eh? Hey, "I just work
here". :-) I get the pics, and put 'em up on the page. The people
with cable modems should enjoy the report though. ;-) FYI: Just
the initial page itself with the thumbnails is 1.5MB, and if you were
to view all of the pics that the thumbnails link to we're talkin'
over 15MB.

  Hmmmm, mebbe I should break it into smaller pages. :-)

                                              -Jon-

  | '96 Dodge Dakota V8, '96 Suzuki Intruder 1400, '96 Kolb FireFly 447 |