Re: 4x4 Towing-- Results

From: Frank Johnson (frankwjohnson@hotmail.com)
Date: Sun Sep 19 1999 - 14:35:52 EDT

>From: "Sam Parthemer" <srp@home.com>

>If I had it to do all over again, I will still pick the 3.55 gears
>with the 4x4 for towing, as 3.92s would put you in the 50-55 mph MAX
>range for towing in D, and would make the trip a LONG one, plus possibly
>worse gas mileage.

Sam,
Are you saying that the 3.92's are going to limit the top speed THAT MUCH
when towing? And how about regular highway driving with the 3.92's? I'd
really like to be able to cruise at 70-75 on regular highway trips(not
towing anything), so are the 3.92's right for me?
Thanks in advance again,

Frank WJ