RE: 4x4 Towing-- Results

From: Sam Parthemer (srp@home.com)
Date: Mon Sep 20 1999 - 00:47:47 EDT

Yep, a '72 w/318 engine. Transmission rebuilt 5000 miles back,
all new front end suspension parts (minus shocks), new head liner,
new vinyl top, new brakes, AC works, power steering.

Needs a little body work, PAINT, new dash, front seat recovered, minor
items (plastics, a few badges, etc.)

Major item-- Engine is a 7 cyl right now. Missing on one cyl... could
be valves, could be rings. Looking for a good 5.2 to either rebuild or
drop in. Once I sell my motorcycle, that $$$ will go into the Dart to get
it road worthy, and to get some parts for the RT-- Headers.

Still stoked on the performance of the 5.2L in my wife's truck. Once the
trailer was unhooked, and I ran to get gas in it, I was able to 'bark' the
tires a little.. Guess 980 miles of towing finally broke the engine in!!!!
Oil change tomorrow.

Sam '72 daRT

He he