Re: Noisy 5-speed:

From: GS- (GSWillhite@ualr.edu)
Date: Mon Sep 20 1999 - 13:38:15 EDT

Ramsport96@aol.com wrote:
> i had the same noise..
> i changed the lube with Mobil One Synthetic Gear Lube and some Limited Slip
> additive, it is quiet as a mouse at 70 all the way up to 100+

 I have seen your post on tranny fluid before and ment to respond. I've
talked to several transmition rebuilders and they said that a lighter
oil needs to be used with the NV-3500 for better lubrication. Lighter
than 75W90 (is this the weight your using?). Thats why Mopar stresses
using their tranny fluid. If it works for you then great! but, please
keep us up to date on your tranny (no pun, but curious). It may be a
good idea if the trucks in warrany to go with a mixture of the Mopar
tranny fluid with the synthetic. The reason I'm curious is because I've
used the Mobil1 gear lube in my 97 V6 and it did not help (AX-15). The
key may have been the limited slip additive you are using. :)

GS -

<98> 5.2L 5spd