Re: Time for new shocks, maybe

From: Chuck & Loreen (clrobbins@home.com)
Date: Mon Sep 20 1999 - 14:58:07 EDT

Ed,

    I installed the Edelbrock Performer IAS shocks back in June. Initially,
I thought the ride was a lot better. There were still some problem areas
which my Dak still performed like a typical truck, but overall they weren't
too bad. Then I noticed the ride and handling steadily degrading. The
shocks had less than 2000 miles on them when I emailed Edelbrock. After
a couple of emails, I boxed the shocks up (put factory's back on) and I
mailed them back to Summit Racing for an exchange. I'm curious to see
if the new shocks will perform the same or not.
    For an overall opinion on the shocks, spend your money elsewhere.
While they are a good shock, I really don't think they are worth $300 for
the set. If I had it to do over again, I would buy a less expensive shock
and with the left over money, buy a rear anti-sway bar.
    Just as a side note, when I re-installed the factory shocks, I noticed a
tremendous difference in handling and ride (worse).

Chuck in Cranston, RI
'99 Dak Sport V-6, 5spd, 2wd, RC
DML Digest Mode
http://www.members.home.com/clrobbins/dak01001.htm