Re: Need help with tire issue.

From: Gary Shook (gary.shook@wcom.com)
Date: Mon Sep 20 1999 - 18:16:10 EDT

You are correct.. this becomes more important as you go up in load ranges...
my BFG All-terrains are 'D' load range.. the max PSI is (if I remember
correctly) 60 PSI... if you fill them to that unloaded, the ride is VERY
harsh.. I run mine at about 42 PSI front, 35 PSI rear (Ram 1500 4x4)... but
keep in mind that 60 PSI is what these need to be at for MAX LOAD...
(granted, I can't use the max load of these tires without exceeding that of
my truck) so 29 PSI may be just great for unloaded, but if you load the
truck up (either payload or tongue weight while towing) you'll want to bring
that up for more stability... I have heard Semi's run over 80 PSI at
times... ever see one of their tires let go?

Gary Shook
Penrose, CO