Re: Coolant and Brake fluid level Question

From: BoogYT1300@aol.com
Date: Mon Sep 20 1999 - 19:45:29 EDT

In a message dated 9/20/99 5:33:35 AM Pacific Daylight Time,
DAVEDISANTI@prodigy.net writes:

<<
 I spent sunday afternoon with my truck, washing, waxing, changing the oil,
 checking the fluids etc. I had a couple of small problems. First, how do you
 check the coolant level the bottle is opaque. second, the master cylinder
 was VERY low for the second straight month. I know I know I should check
 my fluids more often but I barely have time to get gas usually. but enough
 about that do trucks use more brake fluid than cars do? Or should I be
 concerned. The Dak is a 99 4X4 CC with the 318 if that matters.

No! Mine hasnt been low in years. You probably have a leak. Take it in,
suggest they put some fluorescent dye in the fluid, you drive it around until
its low again and then they can take a blacklight and hopefully find the
leak. If its using alot, than it may be blantanly obvious when they put it
on the lift.
Boog