RE: RE: Noisy Tranny / Tranny Fluid ID

From: McKinney, John R. MHX (McKinJr@hpd.abbott.com)
Date: Tue Sep 21 1999 - 11:43:57 EDT

I don't think it's as important to take it to the dealer as it is to just
make sure you have the right fluid. The '98's use the NV3500 5 spd which
uses "special" fluid. It's a very light fluid, kind of similar to power
steering fluid. The part number for this fluid is in the owners manual (I
don't have it handy). I'm sure the earlier 5spds (non NV3500's) specify a
different fluid than the NV3500 fluid. I have heard a few non-dealer
mechanics confirm that because of the "flow characteristics" it's important
to use the special fluid.

John McKinney