Re: Noisy Lifters

From: Gary Shook (gary.shook@wcom.com)
Date: Tue Sep 21 1999 - 14:50:43 EDT

I run Mobil 1, and I don't get noisy lifters ever... I think the more
important thing to prevent drainback into the pan is your oil filter...
which one are you running? make sure it has an anti-drainback valve in it
(Mobil 1's filter does, that's what I use.. so does a Purolator pure one
filter) I don't think the bottom of the line Fram uses an anti-drainback,
as well as some other brands...

Gary Shook
Penrose, CO

> Hi all,
>
> Any one experience noisy lifters in a '98 V6? I'm running Mobil 1
(switched
> about 10K miles ago) and am currently at 31K miles. The problem is only
> noticeable when I start it up after it's been sitting there for hours.
I'm