Re: Looking for......

From: Bernd D. Ratsch (bernd@texas.net)
Date: Tue Sep 21 1999 - 17:07:48 EDT

Correct...and I had to do it on a Saturday and a trip to San Antonio to
boot! The factory 15x8's will NOT fit. You need a set of rims with a
maximum of 3.75" backspacing...the factory 15x8's are 5.5".

So far, the Fabtech kit has been working flawlessly (had to replace the
front Coil Cushions...oops) for the past 7 months with some heavy offroad
use as well. I have a 2" body lift so you can fit 32" tires with very
minor fender trimming. If you're looking for 33's,. you'll need to trim the
fenders (plastic molding) a little more and a 3" body lift is in order.

Summit Racing sells the kit now for about $740.00 (97-99 V6/V8).

- Bernd