Re: Tranny Fluid ID

From: GS- (GSWillhite@ualr.edu)
Date: Tue Sep 21 1999 - 18:19:02 EDT

I couldn't agree with you more Bill. No one
seems to know the exact answer, but you can
bet someone like Mobil1, Valvoline, Redline
or maybe Amsoil makes it for 'em. I've got
a friend who overhauls 4x4s and tons of Dodge
Ram trannys and he's trying to find out for
me. I may go with a light Amsoil/Mopar 50/50
mixture, but I'm waiting for some reliable
info before I take the plunge. I'm not going
to just stick a synthetic in w/out knowing
what weight they're using. Although I will
admit to experimenting with a Redline/Mopar
mixture and couldn't tell any difference.
As soon as I find the info I'll post.

GS -

98 5.2L 5spd