Re: New Dodge "DIFFERENT" Commercials

From: Ryan T. Grimes (rugbynut@ameritech.net)
Date: Tue Sep 21 1999 - 22:56:59 EDT

>In a message dated 9/20/99 5:32:39 PM Mountain Daylight Time,
>rugbynut@ameritech.net writes:
>
><< The only one I've seen is the Ants one and it's not too bad. The
> problem with the whole theme is that they took the original idea from
> Apple Computer's "Think Different" >>
>
>Damnit, now you insulting my truck's brand with another slap in the face, now
>you are saying they are like macs. Have you seen those god damn hockey puck
>mice, they are the most uncumfortable things ever, that, and what the hell is
>up with colored computers anyway, the macs look ugly, changing their colors
>wont help. Just stop making Dodges mistake even bigger. Greg

I must agree with you about the mice and keyboards, they're total
crap, however, there's nothing like setting up an entire lab(30
stations) from start to finish in 3 hours. I'm talking about
transferring 1 hard drive image to 29 other computers, restarting
them, and having them WORK the first time around. You don't want to
hear the horror stories I have from my last job where we have 30
Compaqs in one room. Needless to say we were busy keeping the lab up
and running all year long.

BTW, before you go ripping on Macs, keep in mind that the newest
model, the G4 500 is actually rated as a super-computer by the US
Government and is the FIRST affordable personal computer to calculate
1 GIGAFlops (1 billion floating point calculations) /second. Pentium
III's will get there @ about 800 mhz more or less.

take care, and try not to hate a computer, it doesn't hate you.

Ryan T. Grimes
Rugby-[CMG]
Clan Mac Gaming