Re: Rearend strength vs size question...

From: DEREK BROOKS (DEREK00@prodigy.net)
Date: Wed Sep 22 1999 - 11:35:20 EDT

i would use an 8 3/4 or i hate to say it a ford 9" the 8 3/4 is fine thow
if you are seriously abusing the truck at the strip and dont care about
street driving to much i would get custom axels , a rearend brace ( goes
across the back of the rearend welds on) and a spool ( it is a solid piece
that replaces a shur grip much stronger but not streetabul for long it tares
tires up going around corners since it cant unlock like a shurgrip. you
might have to have the 8 3/4 cut if you cant find one the same with no big
deel thow