RE: FRAM Quality was: Increased Capacity Oil Filter

From: Sam Parthemer (srp@home.com)
Date: Wed Sep 22 1999 - 14:54:22 EDT

I use K&N oil filters now, but before that I used Fram PH16's on
everything from my '91 Dakota, '95, '99 RT CC, '99 RT RC, and
on my wife's '99 4x4. That's over 225k miles with no problems. I
think the issue with the filters is a little much. If you figure
you change your oil every 3000-4000k miles, and the filter too...
the Fram will cause no problems. I've only heard of one Fram issue
that was with my mitsubishi mighty max pickup... The fram filter
didn't allow enough oil flow, and caused oil pump failures: the
dealership would sell me 'mitsubishi oil filters' for the same price
as a fram filter... Has anyone tested the Dodge Oem filter???

Sam '99 RT