Re: Re: RE: FRAM Quality was: Increased Capacity Oil Filter

From: Michael Clark (magnumv8@wt.net)
Date: Wed Sep 22 1999 - 06:31:19 EDT

I had read this article and i thought I should check my Fram filter out. It
was a fram double guard (the $10.00 one) and I didn't like what I found. After
changing the oil I dremeled the oil filter apart and looked at the filter media
inside. Most of it looked good, but where it was connected together with the
metal plete there was a small hole almost big enough to put a finger through.
 This looked to be something that just wasn't put together good, the plete was
crimped on while out of alignment. So I had some unfiltered oil circulating
while that filter was on there. That's the last FRAM I'll ever use.

>Check the URL for the oil filter study closely... Mopar does NOT make
>filters.. they just repackage WIX or Fram filters.. and the author of that
---Mike, near Houston.--- http://www.mikesdakota.com
        '93 V8 4X2
Houston Area DML Meet Page
http://www.geocities.com/motorcity/downs/9221