RE: Re: Rearend strength vs size question...

From: Scott Miller (kmiller@cvn.net)
Date: Thu Apr 22 1999 - 17:55:48 EDT

I just put an 8 3/4 rear into my shelby dakota last week. The 8 1/4 posi
unit was going bad, and I do a lot of drag racing, so I decided to use the 8
3/4 rear. My dad uses an 8 3/4 rear in his drag truck, and I know that has
in excess of 400 horses, and we haven't had any trouble yet. It's been in
there for about 7-8 years.

Also, I think I heard a couple of bad things about the 9 1/4 rear. Can't
remember what or who even I talked to

Later

Scott Miller
Shelby Dakota #322