Alternators 'n' Woo-woo...

From: cnnbcbs@juno.com
Date: Wed Sep 22 1999 - 22:05:40 EDT

YO!

Have been getting a woo-woo-woo sound coming from my dakota (rear-right
wheel),
first thought it was little rocks in the tires(stock wranglers, which
also break out very easily),
but *i think* its getting worse. It only happens when i drive fast (over
40 or so) and i let off the gas.
 I hear other cars do this sometimes.
What causes it???

On a completely unrelated (and saddening) topic...

My '88 chubby beretta has now gone through its 5th alternator and its 6th
battery, I heard that its one piece
belts may lead to it, due to the high tension. If thats not it, then what
is the major cause of alternator failure?
Electrical system? Engine? The belts bad? These GM cars have always
baffled me, and the alternator problem
is pretty widespread.

btw, i havent been around because starting college can really kill your
spare time.

"el guahiro"