Re: 4x4 Spanks a Mustang GT!

From: BoogYT1300@aol.com
Date: Wed Sep 22 1999 - 20:35:21 EDT

In a message dated 9/22/99 12:19:18 PM Pacific Daylight Time, srp@home.com
writes:

<< ou're gonna love this one. I've been driving my wife's 4x4 Sport (ala RT
 in the making),
 since towing a car back from San Jose last weekend. The truck just turned
 4000 miles, and
 really seems to have gotten some power after towing trip (not just the fact
 that 5000# isn't
 behind me anymore). The truck will bark (not spin) the tires from a light
 now, and wouldn't
 do that before the truck. Guess it's broken in a bit more!

 Anyway, yesterday I was driving to the store during the Monsoon rains we
 started receiving
 yesterday, and when I left the light the rears spun pretty good without much
 effort (raining).
 I looked to my right and a guy in a 4.7L Mustang GT was right next to me and
 he appeared to
 try to race me... He finally got traction and shot ahead of me about 3 car
 lengths (I backed
 out of the gas once the tires started spinning!!). He went about 1 mile to
 the next light (on
 a hill) and I started to pull along side him (I reached down, and put the
 transfer case into
 4WD FT)... I loaded the torque converter to about 1500 rpm, and once the
 light turned green
 I nailed it... I was across the intersection as if it were dry, he was
 still sitting at the
 cross walk spinning away. I LAUGHED my XSS off!!! Next light, I did the
 same thing, but I still
 managed to pull 3-4 car lengths on him before I reached the speed limit (45
 mph), and waited
 for him to catch up.

 Let's see, headers, TB (sitting in the garage right now), K&N GEN II, RT
 wheels w/265-65-17's...
 Hmm.. 4x4 RT.

 Sam '99 4x4

KICKASS!