Re: Never Use Dextron 3 in Chrysler Tranny

From: NVMYDakota@aol.com
Date: Thu Sep 23 1999 - 00:52:15 EDT

In a message dated 9/22/99 10:43:26 PM Mountain Daylight Time,
HEMI@charter.net writes:

<<
 Most people do not know that , in fact I didn't until recently . If the car
 calls for Dextron 2 and you put Dextron 3 , you are doing a No-No . The
 friction modifiers are different I believe . At least that is what the guy
 at Royal Purple told me . He was surprised by it too . >>

Well working at NAPA, I have been told over and over, that Dextron 3 is a
revamped (Read newer) dextron 2. Dex 2 isn't even made anymore, it's like
the oil rating systems SG SH ect. Dex 3 is newest, Dex 4 out soon....