Re: Never Use Dextron 3 in Chrysler Tranny

From: fawcett@uism.bu.edu
Date: Thu Sep 23 1999 - 07:14:11 EDT

    <<Oh well I guess it was in for a fluid and filter change anyway. Speaking
of that, anyone know how many quarts of type 7176 AFT plus 3 my tranny
take(jsut dropping pan, new filter, thats it)? My manual gave me some huge
ass number, but I know that the fluid doesn't all drain out. If someone
could jsut give me a number to start with it would be great. Thanks
Greg>>

Greg,

Mine took 6 and a smidge... So get 7 quarts. I only had 4 when I changed
mine and it's @(*$%(@#%&(@!#%&!(*#@$(* IMPOSSIBLE to find 7176 +3 if your
short!

Good luck.
Tom