Re: 13 second Neon?

From: Gary Shook (gary.shook@wcom.com)
Date: Fri Oct 15 1999 - 14:03:30 EDT

> << I just finished reading an article in Mopar Action
> about a new turbo kit for the Neon that provides about 7psi of
> boost. With a cat-back exhaust and slicks, the little 4-banger has
> run 13 flat! >>
> Holly Sh*t, I was waiting for a reason for another car, but 13 seconds in
> Neon? I jsut can't imagine a Neon beating me in the 1/4 mile... ARG!
What
> month Mopar Action is it (latest i hope). My biggest problem would
probobply
> be fitting in the neon hehehe 6.2' might be to big, wonder if that same
turbo
> would fit on a stratus 4 banger... Hmmmm?

I'm 6'3" and don't have a problem with my Neon... the same engine is in the
stratus, but I don't know about fit problems... you could check it out..
they have a website @ www.turbosystem.com
They mention the Sebring/Avenger but not the cloud cars... the Stage II kit
bumps up the 2.0L to 275 HP!!! and their test mule has a Stage III that's
under development... that Neon runs 11.2 in the 1/4!

Gary