Re: 13 second Neon?

From: Jon Steiger (stei0302@cs.fredonia.edu)
Date: Thu Sep 23 1999 - 14:33:36 EDT

On Thu, 23 Sep 1999 NVMYDakota@aol.com wrote:

> In a message dated 9/23/99 10:19:11 AM Mountain Daylight Time,
> stei0302@cs.fredonia.edu writes:
>
> << I just finished reading an article in Mopar Action
> about a new turbo kit for the Neon that provides about 7psi of
> boost. With a cat-back exhaust and slicks, the little 4-banger has
> run 13 flat! >>
> Holly Sh*t, I was waiting for a reason for another car, but 13 seconds in a
> Neon? I jsut can't imagine a Neon beating me in the 1/4 mile... ARG! What
> month Mopar Action is it (latest i hope). My biggest problem would probobply
> be fitting in the neon hehehe 6.2' might be to big, wonder if that same turbo
> would fit on a stratus 4 banger... Hmmmm?
> Sorry have to talk about compition Greg

  Yes, its the December issue. (The one with the 1100hp Viper on
the cover) In the same issue, they have a 500hp Neon that they
estimate should run mid 10s. (Its only been run in the 1/8 so far.)
(I haven't read that article yet though.)

Dak content: Its also the issue where they talk about the "Killer Bee"
Dakota which is a 13 second Kenne Bell supercharged Dakota R/T that you
can order right from your dodge dealer. (All parts warrantied by
Dodge except for the blower which is warrantied by someone else for
3 years or so.) I haven't read that article yet either though,
I just skimmed it. I think they said it adds about $10K to the price
of a base R/T. (It includes new rims, graphics, and stuff like that
too.)

                                              -Jon-

  | '96 Dodge Dakota V8, '96 Suzuki Intruder 1400, '96 Kolb FireFly 447 |