Re: RE: Rocker Panel rails

From: Killerdak@aol.com
Date: Thu Sep 23 1999 - 17:00:11 EDT

In a message dated 9/23/99 3:37:04 PM, McKinJr@hpd.abbott.com writes:

>Dave Kilian -- Clayton, NC
>custom-welded rock rails,

>Hey Dave, do you have any pictures of these?? I've got a set in the works
>for my '98 and just wanted to get an idea of what others are doing. Thanks
>
>-John

They are 2" square steel tubes, sealed off at the ends, run the length of the
truck between the wheels, just under the sheet metal, connected to the frame
via four perpendicular extensions. HEAVY sons o'bitches! (it's a LOT of
steel, and a really long wheelbase to fill!) Not QUITE done, but soon!!!

As a matter of fact, I've had them sitting in the back of my truck bungeed up
for awhile, just had them black powder coated and would have had them welded
to my frame sooner had the hurricane not messed up everything here in
NC...will probably have a chance to weld them to my frame this weekend,
though (I'm hoping)! If so, I will take pictures and post it to my DML web
page when I get 'em developed! I need to take pics of my tow hooks as well, I
know at least one DML'er wanted to see how that was done...
stay tuned!

Dave Kilian -- Clayton, NC
'96 Dakota CC Sport 4x4 3.9L 5-spd
2" Rear spring lift, front T-bar crank, 30x9.50 BFG AT's, Brush guard w/
Hellas, Tow hooks, Tool Box, Sunroof, Cobra 18 CB, 4' Firestik II, Alpine
6-disc CD Changer/Head Unit/amp, JBL speakers, Rhode Gear bike mount, Saris
roof rack, custom-welded rock rails, and a white dog named Jake in the
passenger seat. 79,000+ miles.
http://csclub0.cs.fredonia.edu/WWWProfile/dakota/XzDn9Nl7vFo8M/