Re: Curiousity about hoods

From: Bernd D. Ratsch (bernd@texas.net)
Date: Thu Sep 23 1999 - 17:50:03 EDT

The "Ram Air" concept has been tried over and over again...especially with
the different types/brands of hoods. The "Ram Air" effect doesn't happen
until you're at least over 80-85MPH and won't be effective until you're
well about 150MPH. I admit, the hoods may look good, but they're,
unfortunately, not as effective as they claim. All that the hoods really
do is collect cooler air, which in turn gives better performance
results. No Ram-Air effect...not possible on most street driven
vehicles. (Dragsters...YES. But look at their intake systems.)

The main reason for my Cowl Induction hood is to have a way for the
under-hood heat to be released...tested...and working. ;)

- Bernd