Re: Another Tire question

From: CDaivs3872@aol.com
Date: Thu Sep 23 1999 - 21:44:21 EDT

    Personally I'd go with the BFG AT's. I don't know about the Sidewinders,
but the ATs have been great on my truck. It still has good manners on the
street, and is quieter than the Goodyear's that came with it. Those things
sucked. No traction anywhere. And the most annoying singing sound on brushed
concrete interstate. None of those problems with the BFG AT's and they seem
to be wearing well too. (okay, so I'm burning the backs off a little faster
than the fronts, but that's what 8 cylinders are for right?) I haven't cut a
sidewall on a BFG either... Something to be said for an extra ply.

Chris from CVille

PS the BFG AT 32s will fit on the 8" rim of the 97dakota with no other mods
and minimal frame contact at full lock turns. Just thought you might want to
go plus 1...