Re: one winshield wiper

From: GG428@aol.com
Date: Thu Sep 23 1999 - 23:40:56 EDT

I havedone the mod to a few rice rockets, and I considered it for my dak, but
thought it might be too ricey :) but I never looked at the linkage for the
motor. I assume that the motor pulls on a rod, which pulls the bracket
attached to the bottom of the wiper pivot. the rod linking the two wipers
would need to be removed, and the geometry of the bracket altered to give the
wiper a full sweep. this was easy on the hondas and when done left the
passenger side wiper flush with the cowl, and it swept to two inches above
the cowl. it did not stick up into the middle of the windshield like most
rice cars. it is dificult to explain the exact process on a dak since my
truck is 100 miles away in phoenix while I am in college. all I can do is sit
and dream of my next mods. if you have any specific questions e mail me @
gsg@u.arizona.edu