RE: Re: RE: My cluster died -- kinda long

From: The Man From Utopia (tmfu@home.com)
Date: Fri Sep 24 1999 - 08:16:14 EDT

> Yikes!!! and I am at 39,000 miles. No more warranty. This
> wouldn't be one
> of those let it dry overnight and all will be fine is it?
>
> Now I am getting nervous. How much is a whole new computer?

I would let it dry out overnight and see what happens. One thing you could
do is get a can of air (at your local CompUSA or computer store), pull the
computer out and blast away the water. Most likely water got into the
contacts. Worst case the water shorted out some stuff in the computer. A new
one would set you back a couple of hundred bucks. But try drying it out
first.

Greg
95 DSCC v6 5spd
Rahway NJ