RE: New member

From: Nate (schred1@yahoo.com)
Date: Fri Sep 24 1999 - 11:48:12 EDT

Welcome! You'll find a LOT of good info here. Sounds
like you've got a nice truck! I agree, the quad cab
is a little ugly, I think they should have made a
4-door ram and put the rear quarter doors on the
dakota IMHO.

2). With the new 4.7L V8 option, can you get it with a
5-spd. manual (2WD),
or only a 'slush box'?

Yep, I've got a D2K CC 4X4 4.7L Manual on order right
now!

3). Speaking of transmissions, who knows something
about gear ratios? What
is better for quicker acceleration and lower RPM's
(theoretically better
MPG) at highway speed, a lower or higher number ratio
(i.e. 3.21 or a 3.92?)

Lower number numerically (higher gears) give you
better cuising RPM's (Highway mpg). Higher numbers
(Lower gears) give you quicker Accel. but Higher
highway RPM's and worse gas mileage.

4). (I did hear a rumor that Dodge
was going to offer a bed extender or something- true
or false?)

Yeah, they have a little cage thingy that sits on top
of the tailgate. If you want more info goto

http://www.4adodge.com/dakota_quadcab.html