RE: New member!

From: Mooberry, J (j.mooberry@lmco.com)
Date: Fri Sep 24 1999 - 11:56:54 EDT

Hey Jon, we drive the same truck pal, cept mine's two tone. Good to see
another sixer on the list.

>>3). Speaking of transmissions, who knows something about gear ratios? What
is better for quicker acceleration and lower RPM's (theoretically better
MPG) at highway speed, a lower or higher number ratio (i.e. 3.21 or a
3.92?)<<

Don't anybody get any ideas about starting up on this topic. :) The whole
issue has been pretty much beat to death. You can find a huge thread on
this in the DML archives from last month. Regardless of differing
perspectives on traction, I think everybody agrees that a lower ratio
(higher numerically) is best for acceleration, while a lower ratio will net
less power at the wheels and better highway mileage.

-Jay