Re: Dyno results

From: Terry Herrin (therrin@isaac.net)
Date: Sat Sep 25 1999 - 22:57:44 EDT

"Jon Smith" <fast4x4@bellsouth.net> wrote:
>store and picked up a set of Autolites, installed, then made my pull.
>How's 8RWHP at 3500rpm sound for a $9 set of plugs??? I lost the bet, but

Sounds to me like I'll be installing Autolites in the near future.
<grin> I was there with Jon when the Autolite claim was made, but I
left early for the drive home to Wilmington from Charlotte so I missed
Jon's test. Jon, thanks again for organizing this event, it was a lot
of fun! I look forward to the next time. My dyno run can be viewed
at ftp.the-nest.com/incoming/Dyno_092599.jpg

As you can see my max RWHP was 213.8, with a max torque of 302.8. The
R/T is advertised 250hp at the crank. Assuming a 20% loss from the
automatic transmission, that would translate to 200 RWHP, and indeed,
the tech at the shop said he tested a stock R/T a couple of weeks ago
that ran 196. My run was around 18hp more than that. Needless to
say, I'm happy. :-) The mods I have on the engine are a 180 stat,
and the QuickD TB and intake.

Terry Herrin
99 FR CC R/T
Wilmington, NC