(no subject)

From: Mike Gibbons (gibbons@fn.net)
Date: Sun Sep 26 1999 - 01:01:05 EDT

Re: Subject: DML: Spinning the tires.

Get this. Las nigh on the way home from the pool hall I got ticketed for
and
I quote "illegally screeching my tires" Is this not the biggest load of pig

crap you have ever heard. It gets better. The cop was a real jerk about
it.
 When I tried to apologize and say it was and accident "which it really
was"
he called me a liar. So when he gave me a ticket I called him a tough guy.

Josh,

It's not wise to call a cop a "tough guy" or to challenge one to a race in
his cruiser! While he may have started with a bad attitude, you only made
it worse. Remember, these guys are, for the most part trying to do a really
good job. Try to give the cops a little respect. I'm 32, and if a younger
cop pulls me over, I will call him "sir". Your too young to remember, but a
sniper opened up fire during a parade in San Antonio during the early
'80's. My aunt and uncle were pinned down in the gunfire. While this was
happening, no one was badmouthing the cops who had the huevos to charge
this guy and take him out. The cop you smart off to today may be the one
pulling your a** out of the fire tomorrow.

Mike G.