Re:

From: Eric Kurtz (Erics5.9@home.com)
Date: Sun Sep 26 1999 - 12:51:46 EDT

  Mike,
   I couldnt agree with you more. I got busted big time about a month
ago for drag racing a Mustang on Gratiot. The cop didnt pull over both
of us, just me. I could have been a prick and ranted and raved about
it, crying that you cant just nail one of us. But he had me dead to
right. He was younger than me, a rookie probably. He couldnt have been
older than 24, Im 29. When he asked me if I knew why he pulled me over,
the first thing I said, was "yes sir". He got rough with me, saying I
knew better, and I agreed. He came back after about 20 min in the car
and gave me a "screaching tire" ticket! I was happy not pissed. He
explained that he could have given me a ticket for Drag racing, 6 points
and over 250 in fines + a nice humiliating court date, along with a
ticket for not signing the back of my auto registration. But since I
was polite and humble, he gave me a 125 dollar ticket with no points!
Being polite, especially when you know youre wrong, goes a long way.
Respect the Police! They're really there For you, not Against you.
Eric