Durango R/T

From: emailskip@webtv.net
Date: Sun Sep 26 1999 - 02:44:24 EDT

I have the catalog for the 2000 Durango. The R/T is a factory package.
The cover picture on the catalog is the R/T. In the features, and
options section it lists the following: R/T Sport Group- Suede door trim
panels, two-toned leather-trimmed bucket seats, limited-slip
differential, 3.92 rear axle ratio,sport-tuned exhaust, bright R/T
badging, body-color running boards, body-color wheel flares, full-time
transfer case, premium fuel calibration, 17"X9" aluminum wheels,
P275/60R17 BSW tires, (4X4 models only)(late availability). In the
engine section, it lists the regular 5.9L as 245 HP, and the R/T as 250
HP. They don't list torque. The towing section shows a 5.9L, 4X4, 3.92,
has a Trailer Tow Allowance of 7,350 LBS. It does not specify R/T, or
SLT. There is also a Sport model available, but it looks to be
entry-level model.(not as many features and options as the SLT) It looks
like the 4X4 base engine is the 4.7L, and the 4X2 gets the 5.2L, only.
No manual transmissions. IMHO the 5.9 R/T Durango, is a beautiful truck.
By the way, I got the Savings bond offer in the mail last week, so I
test drove a 2000 Dak today. It was a Patriot Blue, SLT, club cab, 4X4,
4.7L, auto, full time 4WD, with all the power goodies. Nice Truck.

Skip Goger
Gresham, Or
'91 4X4 V6 AUTO
Click below to visit my webpage