RE: Spinning the tires.

From: Sam Parthemer (srp@home.com)
Date: Sun Sep 26 1999 - 02:41:55 EDT

Don't know where you live, but in CA. spinning the tires is called
'exhibition of speed', and is a 2 pointer (1 points are red lights,
illegal turns, speeding-up to 25 over the limit, then it goes into
reckless driving) 2 pointers-- Reckless driving, DUI, DWI, PQD, XYZ...

So to the insurance company, spinning your tires is the same as a DUI
(though only 3 years on your driving record, and not 7 like a DUI)
or reckless driving. I got one when I was 19 yrs. old... and it was
a true wheel chirp making a left turn... Road was wet, fought the ticket
and got is knocked down the a 'basic speed law infraction-- driving
too fast for the conditions'. True a bogus ticket, but better a 1
pointer that didn't hurt my record than getting a 2 pointer and
riding the bus for 3 years (I wouldn't be able to afford the insurance).

In Cali. you can only get 3-4 points total within a 3 year period, maybe
less.

It sounds like you smarted off to the guy, and he just gave you a rash
of xhit... You never mentioned the circumstances regarding "illegally
screeching my tires"...

Sam