Re: 4.7 vs 5.2: READ me

From: Bob H (torch@triplet.net)
Date: Sun Sep 26 1999 - 14:12:51 EDT

I agree with this post. Look at what they did with the C5 Corvette, the LS1
engine. It has gobs of power in the old pushrod style and with much more
potential with just heads and cam change. Torque, torque, torque...

At 11:25 AM 9/26/99 EDT, you wrote:
>I have to disagree. I have always, and will forever be a fan of the
pushrod.
> I bought my R/T for that very reason. I am an engineer for Ford Motor
>Company, and I have disagreed with Ford's tactics of completely doing away
>with the legendary pushrods since they started the migration years ago. I
>even gave up my A plan and saving several thousand dollars so I could
>actually buy a REAL motor (read: big displacement pushrod)
>
>The fact is... if you want a cute little high revving econo-buzz motor,
buy a
>overhead cam. If you want a real motor with gobs of power where you can
>actually use it, buy pushrod.
>
>It isn't a coincidence that 95% of the race cars at the racetracks are
>pushrods ya know...

Bob Hardt
Aiken,SC
99 Black Dakota CC 5.2 Auto, Leach headers, Flex-A-Lite dual 12" fans,
Quick D intake, 180 stat, F&B Stage I TB